Fire resistant sealer for construction joints.
Norton-Xpand™ PU600 is a PUR sealing tape impregnated with a fire resistant polymeric dispersion. It is specially designed for joints in buildings up to 328 ft (100m) high, in accordance with DIN 18055.
Norton-Xpand™ PU600 fulfils the stringent requirements of the DIN18542 edition 2009. In addition to providing protection against driving rain to a minimum of 600 Pa (equivalent to wind force 11 - Violent Storm) the vapour permeable joint sealing tape also possesses outstanding thermal and acoustical characteristics, as well as allowing for thermal and expansion movement.
A versatile product that has a wide range of uses, but generally for sealing construction joints (including moving joints) in areas such as:
- Prefabricated concrete, and other material, elements (incl. civil engineering)
- Perimeter seals for fenestration (windows/doors)
- Cladding panels
- Curtain walling
Used in a variety of construction methods and industries including:
- General construction & civil engineering
- Steel and/or timber framed buildings
- Modular construction & other MMC types
- Complies with the DIN 18542 BG1 and DIN 18055
- Reliability through a wider joint application range
- Seals against wind, dust & driving rain
- Vapour diffusion permeable
- Good adhesive properties, to aid application
- Permanently elastic with long term life expectancy
- Thermal and acoustic insulation
- Can be painted over with standard emulsion paints
- Compatible with all known standard building materials
- Applications in all construction areas and building tapes are possible
- Constant quality to DIN EN ISO9001 & DIN standards, with regular controls from independent institutions
- Externally supervised by ift Rosenheim: for driving rain and air permability (a-value)
- 10 year- performance guarantee*
*On the conditions of the manufacturer (available upon request).