BIO-R is a diesel-free, biodegradable concrete release agent which reacts with the alkaline products of setting cement to form insoluble soaps. These soaps prevent any bond developing between the concrete and formwork and ensure a clean, even, blemish free surface with minimum voids.
BIO-R has been formulated to provide users with a diesel-free, non-waterbased release agent providing the same release properties as other premium release agents such as DISCRETE.
BIO-R does not affect the natural bonding characteristics of paint, plaster, and other cementitious coatings. On surfaces not subjected to weathering, (e.g. interior) wash the surface with water containing a little detergent, or brush down thoroughly.
ADVANTAGES & BENEFITS
User and Environment
- BIO-R is simple to use, biodegradable, and free of sulphur and aromatics.
- BIO-R is non-toxic when proper handling procedures and precautions are followed.
- BIO-R contains no petroleum and is therefore safer to handle and use on a daily basis than other release agents.
- BIO-R is almost odourless, meaning less complaints regarding clothing contamination and reduced odour when sprayed.
- BIO-R is essentially non-irritating to skin. Users are unlikely to develop rashes when in contact with BIO-R. Proper protective clothing and gloves are recommended when applying.
- BIO-R aquatic toxicity is essentially insignificant meaning less damage to the environment if BIO-R is spilt or accidentally released into soil or water.
- BIO-R will degrade by about 85% in water after 28 days. BIO-R flash point is over 100oC and is therefore not restricted for transport or storage.
- Produces a clean white release with a minimum of voids.
- Maintains the surface of steel moulds.
- BIO-R does not affect the natural bonding characteristics of paint, plaster and other cementitious coatings.
- Increases the life of wooden forms and prevents rust on steel forms.
- Will not stain or discolour concrete.
- Ready to use as supplied.
- Is not waterbased, and will therefore not wash off forms when exposed to showers or light rain.