BIO-FORM is a diesel-free concrete release agent which reacts with the alkaline products of setting cement to form insoluble soaps. These soaps prevent any bond developing between the concrete and formwork and ensure a clean, even, blemish free surface with minimum voids.
BIO-FORM has been formulated to provide users with a diesel-free, non-waterbased release agent providing the same release properties as DISCRETE and FRE-FORM.
BIO-FORM does not affect the natural bonding characteristics of paint, plaster, and other cementitious coatings. On surfaces not subjected to weathering, (e.g. interior) wash the surface with water containing a little detergent, or brush down thoroughly.
ADVANTAGES & BENEFITS
User and Environment
- BIO-FORM is simple to use and free of sulphur and aromatics.
- BIO-FORM is non-toxic, however standard handling precautions should be followed (see MSDS).
- BIO-FORM contains no petroleum based diesel and is therefore safer to handle and use on a daily basis than other release agents.
- BIO-FORM is almost odourless, meaning less complaints regarding clothing contamination and reduced odour when sprayed.
- BIO-FORM is essentially non-irritating to skin. Users are unlikely to develop rashes when in contact with BIO-FORM.
- BIO-FORM flash point is over 90oC and is therefore not restricted for transport or storage.
- Produces a clean white release with a minimum of voids.
- May be used with steam curing or heated forms.
- Maintains the surface of steel moulds ? no build-up of residue.
- BIO-FORM does not affect the natural bonding characteristics of paint, plaster and other cementitious coatings.
- Increases the life of wooden forms and prevents rust on steel forms.
- Will not stain or discolour concrete.
- Ready to use as supplied.
- Is not waterbased, and will therefore not wash off forms when exposed to showers or light rain.