Bostik Firecaulk is a fire rated acrylic (water based) gun grade mastic with limited joint movement capability.
Bostik Firecaulk is a single component, non-sag, fire rated acrylic based gunnable sealant. A general purpose product for construction joints and the sealing of service penetrations in plasterboard, concrete floors and masonry wall constructions.
Bostik Firecaulk is a gun grade acrylic based sealing compound specifically manufactured for sealing low movement interior joints (less than 5%) in masonry and plasterboard to provide a fire barrier for periods up to 4 hours.
- Sealing of gaps around pipes, cables, ducts and services which penetrate fire rated walls and floors.
- Fire rated cable penetration in concrete and masonry.
- Installation of fire rated sealant in concrete walls and floors.
- For vertical and horizontal joints, interior or exterior.
- Application requiring acoustic properties or STC rating.
- Sealing construction and expansion joints.
- Sealing joints in pre-cast panels.
- Perimeter sealing of door and window framing.
- Sealing gaps between faced and cladding panels to various building materials.
- For new construction and remedial applications.
- To prevent the spread of fire and smoke through walls and floors.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Fire resistance when tested in accordance with AS1530.4-1998, BS476: Part 20: 1987 and AS4072.1-1992
- Fire rating for gaps up to 50mm.
- Designed for Australian conditions.
- Good flexibility joint movement 5%
- One part no mixing required.
- Very easy to apply and gives a smooth finish.
- Smooth gunnability and tool off finish
- Low odour
- Asbestos free.
- Priming not normally required.
- Water clean up.
- Prevents the passage of hot gases.
- Paintable after 24 hours at 20'C.
- Water resistant after cure (7 days after application).
- Excellent adhesion to metal, wood, plasterboard and all masonry
- Acoustic capabilities with STC rating in plasterboard construction.
- Available in two colours, white and limestone