VERTICAL SURFACE RETARDER
ROCKBOND VERTICAL SURFACE RETARDER–PLUS (RB 7.23) is a water based concrete surface
retarder which is applied directly to formwork, either concrete or steel, prior to the pouring of concrete.
It is recommended to be used on concrete with strengths of 20 MPa and over. The normal hydration
of cement in contact with the treated formwork is delayed for a depth of 3-6 mm whilst the underlaying
concrete hardens normally.
- Ready to use.
- Non Toxic, Non Hazardous.
- Water based, making cleaning of moulds, brushes etc very simple.
- Used to produce a uniform depth of exposed aggregate finishes to in-situ or precast concrete poured in steel, timber or plywood moulds or formwork and can be used on either vertical or horizontal surfaces.
- Can be used in conjunction with ROCKBOND SURFACE RETARDER–PLUS (RB 7.17) to provide a consistent exposed aggregate surface to both the horizontal and vertical surfaces of concrete with strengths of 20 MPa and over.
- It provides an economical surface preparation to vertical off the boxing concrete that will be overlaid with a plaster render.
- It is also used to form a mechanical key to vertical construction joints eliminating the need for expensive scabbling.
The Spec Sheet PDF documents require the Adobe Viewer to be installed.
If you are experiencing problems viewing or downloading the PDFs, please click the icon on the right to ensure you have the latest Adobe Reader installed ... or email us, specifying the documents you require and we will send them to you by return email.